Skin matching is done using CalWL in order to eliminate lighting influences on the skin. Your feet will look their best on this setting!
Firestorm and other third party viewers include the CalWL sky setting by default. If your viewer does not, follow these instructions to install the setting.
- Download the CalWL.xml settings file to your computer.
- With SL closed, copy the CalWL.xml file into the following folder depending on your operating system.
- Windows XP – C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\SecondLife\user_settings\windlight\skies
- Windows Vista & 7 – C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\SecondLife\user_settings\windlight\skies or C:\Program Files\SecondLifeViewer\app_settings\windlight\skies
- Mac – Right click Finder and select Go to Folder. Paste: ~/Library/Application Support/SecondLife/user_settings/windlight/skies
If you are using a third party viewer and CalWL is not installed, place the CalWL.xml file in the correct folder, replacing the “SecondLife” folder for the name of the viewer you are using.
Once you have logged back in to SL, CalWL should be an available sky option.
Changing Your WindLight Setting to CalWL
To set your viewer’s WindLight to CalWL:
- From your viewer’s top menu bar, click World > Environment Editor > Environment Settings
- In the window that appears, make sure the Environment Settings look like the picture to the left.
Using a WindLight setting other than CalWL, may require additional skin match adjustments in the Manual Match section of your Gos Boutique OneTime HUD.